Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fast Food Feral visit


I miss my downtown cats. There is no way I can get there to feed them everyday, and I'm so glad that I have volunteers who can manage it for me. Once a week or so I go down and fill the food can. Because the cats have often already been fed that day, they usually aren't around when I arrive. Their food bowl is still full so there is no reason to come out when they here me crashing around. But now and then someone is hanging out on top of shelter. Sunday, Vannie was watching, and even let me get close enough to take a photograph of her. She is about four years old now--perhaps five. She's such a pretty thing, and there isn't a friendly bone in her furry chubby body. I keep this blog probably more so I can return to scroll through the photos than for any other reason. Posted by Picasa



Sometimes I go into town and completely space about bringing a bag of food...even though that is why I am actually going in. Time like these, a coupon like this comes in handy. There are generous individuals in town who have, in the past, made these available to me, although they were told to stop, so I may not be seeing more. I keep them in the glove box of the truck, and when I need food, and I'm in a bind, I can redeem one for a free 16 pound bag of Purina One, which is a decent food. It's better than most pet cats get, let alone street cats! True to form, Sunday I forgot a bag of food, and I dug out my last one. I'd best not forget the food again!

On a very sad note, a neighbor passed away, and two of her cats are coming to us tomorrow. They are senior cats, like Sammy. I will post their photos, and new ones of Sammy, tomorrow.Posted by Picasa

No comments: