Tuesday, March 28, 2006

From the "senior cat" line...


...there is Sammy, of whom I can't get a decent shot to save my life. He has great huge eyes that reflect my flash, and he constantly looks straight at me. I can't distract him for a side shot of his head. However, he loves his wet food! Sammy is doing really well, although he doesn't like coming out of his cage. He purrs, rolls, and headbutts. He eats like a champion and is a nice weight. He does drink a lot (a reflection of his early kidney disease). He is a sweetheart. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my best cat photos come when I don't use the flash, so obviously I need to take them during daylight hours. I still find that both of my blue-eyed cats automatically close their eyes when I bring the camera out, whether I use a flash or not, but I've been able to take some nice photos of the rest of them. There's an article in the latest issue of CatWatch about photographing cats, but I haven't read it yet -- if they have any good tips, I'll let you know.

Wildrun said...

When I commit to taking good photos of my cats, because the light is so bad in the cat facility (track lighting, ewwww), I usually set up a cage, drape the back with colorful cloth, set up lights, and put the cats in the cage one by one. This works best with kittens and a feather toy to get them to play. The adult cats sort of get this deer-in-the-headlights "whyamIinthiscage" look. I need to get up there in early morning when there is lots of natural light, and just spend a few hours.

I just ordered CatWatch, so maybe I'll get this month's issue.

Anonymous said...

Ariel is hard to photograph because she constantly closes her eyes. I was happy when I got a digital camera cause now I can just delete.