Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's that time of year again...

...when I reach out to adopters.

Me, to Kristy, who adopted Tupper The Cat from Hell, who not only would sooner bite your hand off than look at you, and came down with bladder stones to boot:

"Hey Kristy, How is that monster cat of yours. Do you need food?" (in my invitation to the open house--fyi, Tupper is on a ph adjusted diet)

Her reply:

"It's been such a long time! How are things? I actually moved to Florida. I drove down with both my cats which I was worried about but they did just fine. They love it here as much as I do! I'm still feeding them low ph food and there haven't been any problems. Oh, and we've figured out that all calicos are mean. What do you think? Well, at least she's pretty. And she has her nice moments every now and then for a short time. :-) "

Calicos and tortis are all insane. They may not all be mean, but they all must be watching invisible purple marmosets run around the room, because they live in their own world (Tupper, on the other hand, is a handful. She's a damned lucky cat to have such a caring owner. She was a bottle-raised single kitten, and they can turn into biters, the little furballs).

Then I emailed Megan:

"On 12/6/05, AmCat info <info@americancat.net> wrote: Hey Meg, If you're interested, we are having an open house at our cat facility on Saturday. It would be great to see you if the timing is right for you..."

Meg's answer:

"Thanks for the invite Susan!
I certainly wish I could be there...Dean and I have moved, and Dean is now a Harvard cat!...He has been doing pretty well, he is an absolute riot and a very active cat, he can jump ridiculously high and seems to have no problem jumping down from massive heights, so he's turned into a real daredevil...Anyways, I hope the open house goes well, and I certainly wish I could be there! Thanks again for all you've done for me as well as other cat-adopters. I really appreciate it! -Meg"

(personal stuff is cut out).

I find it rather ironic that the abandoned bedraggled kitten that MARK could not turn away when a neighbor showed up at the door, is now a Harvard Cat. Every cat that Mark would rescue would probably be a Harvard, Yale, Oxford, or Cambridge Cat.

I love seeing where our adopters and their cats end up.

Which is why we have a party every year. If we didn't, we'd never find the time to reach out to everyone who has been so wonderful to us...even when I've ignored them this entire year. I've been very neglectful since last December, and every return email is truly a gift.

Thank you to everyone who writes back!

(P.S. Send pictures)

3 comments:

georg said...

Tom is doing well. He's definitely gotten more comfortable around the other cats. He's still learning the dog's routine so that he and Dog are not occupying the same space.

While at the vet's office on Monday, the new vet of the office (they have 3) came in to meet Tom and see his eye. Apparently he doesn't have a common problem. She had to compliment me for going to the shelter and getting one of the cats who had been there the longest. She said, "It would be so hard for me to do that!" For me, the hardest part is limiting it to one.

Tom's eye is improving, and it's more comfortable than it was. However, he'll probably still never see out of it again. The only way it limits him is in jumping. It's hard to judge distance without binocular vision.

Cape Cat said...

In my multi-household of rescues and ferals my calico Paches, Ches for short is sweet, loveable and playful. I am amazed at their reputation. Both of my torties ride around on my shoulder and would be there all day, if I let them. The calico and one tortie are rescues. The other tortie is feral. She is curled on a corner of my desk as I type. If I spend too much time on the keyboard,she will come over for a scratch. Ches just came with a ball for me to throw. Are they grateful for a home with two hots and a soft cot?
Madelyn

georg said...

New pic of Tom napping: http://runningscared.org/files/jazz-tomnap.JPG

And here's Dog in her snazzy pajamas.
http://runningscared.org/files/jazz-kenyapagamas.JPG
She had surgery to remove a sebaceous cyst she was chewing on, and would not leave the wound alone. She's far sighted, so can't judge where things are in the E-collars- she continually bumps into things. So instead, we put her in the PJs which covered her booboo and kept her from licking. It also kept her from running around because she was way to aware of the clothes and didn't like to use stairs.