Saturday, May 23, 2009

Speaking of thunderstorms...

I was just out in the cat facilty when the heavens broke loose and the thunder rolled. Storm is terrified of...storms... This normally unpettable cat begs to be held when a storm breaks. So I went in the cat room and picked her up and cuddled her, then put her under a towel to hide. Then I heard two other cats yowling, and went out to find Sparkles, Dustin, and Perci all in nervous mode. You know Perci is nervous if SHE lets you pick her up and cuddle her. Interesting that it was all female cats, although Leo wasn't looking very pleased at all the noise.

Molly the dog just sat on the porch and watched the rain pour down. Nothing much concerns her, that's for sure.

2 comments:

las794 said...

Minnie hates thunder & lightning--she runs off & hides under the furnace blower...even when it's running. I can't figure out why she apparently doesn't mind the noise of the blower right over her head, but is scared of thunder outside the house!

Anonymous said...

I was talking about this the other day. None of my cats seem the least bit concerned about thunder, firecrackers, etc. I've had two dogs, however, that suffered miserably when it thundered or idiots shot off fireworks. I thought cats just weren't affected. Really appreciated your previous post & link about desensitizing dogs to the fear inducing noises.