Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Why we do what we do.


I have removed portions of the following letter. This will of course keep me in good spirits for weeks to come, and I hope it will also give everyone who loves Shakespeare a similar lift, including Chris, who arranged this adoption, and Tim, who ALMOST fell for him:

"Thank you on behalf of my mother, for allowing her to adopt Shakespeare. I visited her recently and fell in love with him! He is so sweet natured and affectionate as well as beautiful. My mother adores him. She says he is one of the nicest cats she has ever had...He seems content in his small quarters, plays with his toys and of course has lots of attention from the nursing staff and other visitors as well.

"I am so grateful that she is enjoying Shakespeare's companionship knowing that if she is unable to care for him at some point in the future that you will take him back" (Note: we make this especially clear to people who hesitate to adopt due to age, or whose family lives very far away, as this adopter's daughter does. No one should go without a cat when they can provide one with safety and love)..."She would not have adopted another cat without knowing someone could care for it later on. After spending 10 days with my mother and Shakespeare I felt sad to leave them both. Shakespeare is a truly wonderful cat and companion."

And she sends an incredibly generous donation that will spay at least three cats. So Shakespeare, you've done good, guy. You've made so many people happy, and your sweetness, and the kindness of people who have met you, have saved three more cats as well.

I'm keeping this letter right here by my computer for a few days, and then I'll take it out to the cat facility for everyone else to enjoy.

2 comments:

georg said...

If Shakespeare ever comes back, send him to me then. I adore him.

Anonymous said...

You just made Tim's day. Such a happy ending. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.