Saturday, December 08, 2007

Cat folks who do more than I do...

A few months ago, a Cornell student mentioned a colony in my general region that needed help. She had rented a room at a house where there were lots of cats. I had fixed a few cats for the same folks in the past (they contributed), and I told this students I'd be happy to help out. I took her email address...and lost it.

Once the Waverly cats are done, this other colony would next on the list. So I emailed a fellow cat rescuer at Cornell and asked if she knew the student's name. And my friend the feral rescuer told me that all the cats at that site were ALREADY done. The student had caught them and my friend (whose name is also Susan) had gotten them done (she uses the same vet as I do).

AMAZING!!!! How did she DO that in addition to all the cats she does on her side of the county? Susan probably gets 3-5 times the cats done that I do.

I also am constantly in shock at the number of cats that this woman fixes in Oregon.

There are countless people out there, doing the same thing --- using their money, their family's money, their friends money, as well as the money of strangers -- to fix other people's cats and find homes for the kittens and friendly cats that would more sensibly grace a warm home than someone's back porch. It's an odd compulsion, and a common one.

Strangers who come across me say "Um, isn't that an unusual past time?" Actually, it isn't.

We are everywhere. And I just found one more. Visit Chris at the SATCat blog!

No comments: