Friday, December 07, 2007

Fire kitten coming

I just received an email from our very caring local dog control officer. She has periodically written me to say "I know of a cat..." or "I know of a kitten..." and I've always said "No, too full...no, too full" both because I AM too full, and because there has always been another intelligent human in the picture. When there are other suckers in the picture, I often say "no." We try to keep ourselves as a house of last resort, where people can go when they have already done a lot, or for people who can do half a project but just need a hand doing the other half, or when there is just no one else there.

This time there is no one else there, AND people have gone more than half way. A local family lost their home in a fire, there are animals who need sheltering, and it sounds like friends and neighbors have already gone out of their way to shelter a lot of them. There are cats who need feeding, and a kitten who needs to come in out of the cold. And while the last thing we need is another kitten, this is one time when "no" just ain't gonna cut it.

So tomorrow there may be another kitten in the cat house.

No comments: