Saturday, November 17, 2007

More resolutions

In the interest of creating and maintaining sanity, and getting back to enjoying my work with cats rather than treading water because I'm so busy with other things,

1) I FINALLY created a waiver for people who bring cats here to be housed post-surgery. Now I need to take my forms to Staples and get a 100 or so of each made, so I'm not wasting ink in my printer printing off one or two every time I need them.

2) I FINALLY inventoried our "extra paint" (cans and cans of it from painting the interior of two houses) to see what was left over for free use in the cat facility. I now have a can of white (ceiling) and a can of sealant (to treat the water damage on the ceiling from before we put the new roof on) that we don't need in the house. We also have about 12 empty or almost-empty cans that need to be dried out for disposal. The rest I need to use up repainting rooms in the house before Christmas.
Now I can go buy the paint I need to finish the cat facility, without fear of buying more of what we already have.

3) I NEED to get the "shy guys" into their tentative homes. I have people who are interested in trying out Pinky and Charlie (who are really, really shy) but I needed to be home to do this. The buff kittens are doing OK in the tack room at their barn, so far. Once the "shy guys" are moved, Dustin and Bebe could move into the cat room.

4) I NEED to get ready for a barn sale NEXT SATURDAY, a Big Fat Cat Sale (adoption event) on December 1, and our cat facility Holiday Party on December 2. Save those dates, people!

5) We HAVE two adult ferals here for the Waverly folks, to be fixed next Tuesday. Finally we are back in the business of getting ferals fixed! I've got appointments for the two tiger kittens the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, and for two boys later that week, as well.

6) I NEED to get photos of the kittens up on Petfinder.

No comments: