Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm getting a ton of hits from cornell.edu

...so let me beg:

fosterhomesfosterhomesfosterhomesfosterhomesfosterhomes...

Email me if you'd like to play with kittens for awhile. We've got kittens sitting in barns right now, and living on front porches, who need a safe place to stay until they are old enough for adoption. You need a separate room, the willingness to administer worm medicine (liquid, no pills), and no small children. You must be calm, sensible, be able to part with kittens in a few weeks. You must have the emotional fortitude to deal with the rare rare possibility of an issue that could result in euthanasia. My email address is info at americancat.net . Take out the spaces and replace "at" with @ (trying to avoid some spam, here).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I may have a fosterer for your youngsters - the 3 that are on their own. I'll keep you posted. I put it out on our public affairs list serve, that's why all the CU hits. Let me know if you get anyone interested....
I'm always thinking of you, and I feel bad I couldn't take them for you. The 8 I got are a handful - need to keep the big 4 away from mom so the small 4 can get at her. Supplementing w/ KMR and A/D in a syringe. Too much fun!
NancyC

Anonymous said...

If anyone is wondering if fostering is for them, let me just tell you to DO IT!!! It is the best thing I've done. The first litter was very hard to part with - I got teary - but in the 3 years since I started, it's gotten much easier to give them up. Kittens are SO MUCH fun to have in the house! And you feel good, knowing you are giving them a good start.

NancyC - what's KMR?

georg said...

It's a kitten milk formula.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Georg. I've never had to use supplemental milk. My youngest litter was 1 week old, but their momma was with them.

Wildrun said...

Nancy, thank you so much for sending that message out to Cornell. I have two foster offers. Also, Valarie (who has abandoned cats of her own to care for here in Spencer) is helping out while I'm gone tomorrow night, and Gretchen who came to visit kittens this weekend is interested in visiting the cats on lunch hours. This is all a huge, huge help.

auntie p said...

I so wished I can help to foster, except that I'm in Singapore. Anyway, best of luck!

And Judy is so right about fostering. It is one of the best and satisfying things that one can do if you like cats.