Sunday, December 04, 2005

Pooh and Piglet get a home.


A) Yes, we really do own a couch that is ugly orange paisley. Don't laugh, it's really comfortable. It was free. And maybe someday we'll have $700 to get it upholstered. Posted by Picasa

B) Pooh and Piglet were adopted today!

After a whole year of nothing nothing nothing nothing I've had quite a few inquiries on P&P over the last 30 days. Most of them came just before Halloween, which, as matched black cats, gave me the heebie jeebies. So I waited until after Halloween to respond. The first inquiry I didn't move fast enough on. The second inquiry came via Mark from work, and I kept forgetting to get her email address. I had a third and a fourth, which I had put on hold until I could reach Beth, Mark's referral.

Piglet actually was adopted once but was returned for being too affectionate. His new owner had a new baby and everytime she tried to spend some quality time with her little one, Piglet insisted on being right in there and couldn't be dissuaded.

Beth was coming out today so I brought Pooh and Piglet into the house from the cat facility to see what they would do with a change in scenery. Pooh thought it was pretty cool and checked out the great room with his tail straight up. Piglet hid under a blanket and that's where he stayed the whole time Beth visited. Pooh, however, plunked himself on her lap.

We had a great visit, and Beth will take them. Off they go to the vet for a fecal check etc. and these two sweethearts will finally have a house to call their own. I've decided to leave them here in the house a few days. Piglet emerged from his blanket after 10 hours and is now his usual affectionate self. In fact, they were both so affectionate I couldn't get a shot of them...except from my lap.

So here are the backs of the ears of Pooh and Piglet. From a pregnant feral mom from the streets of Collegetown, Ithaca, finally into a home of their own.

Jen and Sam came out today to play with the cats and I think Ben was in heaven with all the attention. And tomorrow someone is coming to look at Rhett and Scarlett. Someone emailed and asked about a tux kitten. I don't have one, but Lori from Lake Road Animal Hospital does, so I'll give them that link in case they might be interested.

I went into Home Depot to buy supplies to fix the cat door runs (the cats have destroyed the three-year old plastic screening that I installed after the "pet proof" screen failed). Trim board to fasten around the edges of the new screen was $45 dollars. FORTY FIVE DOLLARS for six 9' pieces of 2 inch wide pine strips. I just about died. But if the doors aren't fixed properly this time the cats will just pull out the wood staples again.

Don't bother paying more for "pet proof" wood screen doors by the way. They lasted two weeks. The bottom screen wasn't even properly secured. Yes, two weeks. I wish I'd paid $30 less, purchased standard doors, and just replaced the screen immediately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Piglet and Pooh! Thank you for finding them a home! I am so glad that they were able to go together. What a wonderful happy ending.

Anonymous said...

I just love black cats... I think their solid colour gives me more incentive to appreciate the nuances of their facial expressions. I have to admit, though -- I've got two black cats, a short-hair and a long-hair, and at a glance I often mix them up! I wonder what it would be like to have half a dozen completely black cats -- would I even be able to tell them apart?

Anonymous said...

Awesome! A new home. :o)
They definitely look like affectionate little ones. I love their shiny black fur (although I guess the camera flash exaggerates it!).

My calico demands affection, just like Piglet. She'll get right in your face and paw you if you don't give her some attention! Sheesh!