Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Holiday get togethers (and of course, cats)

Last night I accompanied Mark to 2 Fountain Place for the annual holiday gathering at the house of the president of Ithaca College. Staff, faculty, and friends get together each year. It was great to see people I hadn't seen since I left IC a year ago. I really do miss IC, although I love my current job.

And, hey, I touched base with two people who may want to adopt cats! Yes, I cannot help but lobby for cats even when walking around a beautiful house, wine glass in hand, with a pianist playing holiday music on a baby grand. It's a sickness.

But a good sickness.

So tomorrow a former professor of mine (and now a friend) and her husband will be coming out to visit the cats. And the husband of an administrator will be checking with his (non-college) staff to see if they are interested in having an office cat or two at his business.

Afterward, Mark and I went out with our friends Martha and Hilary to Just a Taste.

It finally feels like the holidays.

No comments: