Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas for kitties

What do you do if you get an end-of-the-year bonus? Begin to spend it on the cats, of course. I went immediately to Revival Animal Health

Item: 40-242 - Quick-Lock Crock - 4 - $4.39
Item: 95-760 - Kwik Stop - 1 - $4.38
Item: 16-025 - Vet Solutions Ear Cleansing Solution - 1 - $6.49
Item: 95-176 - Gauze Sponges - 1 - $4.99

Item Subtotal: $33.42
Basic Shipping: $7.95
Order Total: $41.37

They don't have terramycin eye ointment? For shame!

(The Kwik Stop is actually for Sadie the dog. She has black nails and for the first time, I clipped too close in the last session of nail cutting) I want and need Drontal, but at $144.00 I hesitated until other bills are paid and Christmas has passed. Another luxury would be a fogger for disinfecting. Oh, and a nebulizer would be really, really nice. And a Wood's lamp. But not this time.

I've come to the conclusion I may have to start making my own cat beds out of berber or polar fleece. The ones I used to buy have been discontinued, and new designs are either too expensive or just don't stand up to washing.

I also called the vet and made two appointments to get kittens and cats FeLV/FIV tested, rabies vaccinated, giardia-tested, and fixed.

I've done zero Christmas shopping other than a flurry online last Tuesday (arrived yesterday, thank goodness). Oh, I also hit up the Animal Rescue Site for gifts for my cat feeders, but they won't arrive for a week or so.

So guess what I'm doing today? I'm going to the MAAAAALLLL!

After I take the trash to the solid waste facility of course. We must have our priorities, and three cans full of used cat litter ARE a priority.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be willing to go to Revival Animal Health and order stuff shipped to you, do they do a "wish list" like Amazon? They should, my cats have more than they could ever need, including pet insurance just in case. I've been blessed these last few years and like to share, expecially for people helping animals.

Wildrun said...

Hi Donna!

If you are interested in helping sometime in the future, one thing we can alwasy use is terramycin eye ointment. Apparently it is in short supply from the manufacturer, so we'll take all we can get. This place appears to have it:
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?PGGUID=2e87c5f9-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

The address would be Susan C. Greene, Wildrun, P.O. Box 415, Spencer NY 14883. If they won't accept a P.O. Box, email me at info@americancat.net and I can send you a physical address. We are not incorporated as a nonprofit yet, so donations are not tax deductible.

Thanks so much! Take care.

Wildrun said...

To copy that link, if you try to cut and paste, and drag to the right, it will go beyond the border to copy it (at least it does on my computer)

Anonymous said...

Susan, the terramycin is on it's way...they limited me to 6, but I can always go back for more. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :)