Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thank you for your gifts.

Just an update. We have received $150 in the Amazon.com tip jar these past 30 days. This covers the spay/neuter of two more cats (one female, and one male), which makes a huge difference to our small out-of-pocket venture here.

Thank you to everyone who has given in the past, and for every hour people have spent here at Wildrun volunteering for the cats, for the visits just to say "hi!" and of course every visit to the blog (which I am able to track via Site Meter to see how many, what city you are from, and how you arrived here...but not who you are, so don't worry!) Money isn't everything. The moral support of visits to this blog sustains us as well!

I have to say, when "blog friends" have shown up physically at off-site adoptions and volunteer events here at Wildrun, it just boggles my mind. We were told that the Internet could be "alienating." I have found it to be anything but.

Once upon a time I used to feel all alone in cat rescue, but since the advent of the Internet I've learned that this just isn't true. There are countless other folks out there doing just what I do--and often far more! I wish more of them had time to blog so we could share more stories. And there are countless people who have adopted pets from their own shelter or rescue group who are here with us virtually as well.

I remember when I first got internet access at a job at Ithaca College. I recall watching the Mozilla dinosaur slowly slowly slowly download, thinking, who the heck has time for this?--shutting it down, and getting back to my MASS-11 wordprocessing (which--funny--is just like .html is now).

Who would have thought.

Thank you all again!! You make all the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could do what you do, but I'm glad to support you because what you do is so important. You've educated me about ferals and TNR and a whole host of other issues, and I'm grateful for that. Also, contributing to Wildrun helps me do something constructive towards bettering the world, and I very much value knowing where my money goes.