Monday, June 25, 2007

Personal cats get the blues.

Ivan had another urinary blockage, so Mark came home from work since my truck will be in the shop a few days, and drove us into the vet. Ivan is now in a cage in our great room with an e-collar around his neck and a catheter stitched in, and feeling very dopey.

The Nick wandered into the yard and I could hear him snuffling from ten feet away. He had a winky eye that we were treating for the past two days, but it has turned into a full blown upper respiratory. So I hauled him to the downstairs of the barn and caged him up. No more tramping around for Nick, until he's better.

I postponed Cyclop's vet visit tomorrow to Thursday, when I can borrow Mark's car again. Ivan will have to go back in again in 48 hours to have the catheter pulled.

Ivan's bill was $235, which I consider pretty reasonable under the circumstances.

On the up side, in the hour and a half when Ivan was being worked on by the vet, Mark and I went to Sapsucker Woods (as it made no sense to drive 60 miles home and back) and walked some of the trails.

It's the first nature walk I've taken in probably three years, not counting short walks on our own property. It's time to get out more.

OK, back to work!

No comments: