Tuesday, August 08, 2006

If you are still reading this blog...


...you have more patience than I do! Sorry for the lapse in blogging.

A) too many kittens
B) wedding to attend in New Hampshire. We're back! Thank you to everyone who fostered kittens!
C) Mark's birthday. And if you think I've been neglecting this blog, I also haven't had time to buy him a present. So rest assured, there is a person I've been neglecting worse than my readers. Ack!
D) new adoptions and foster homes! Happy Day! The kitten at the top is Zeke (who may have a new name by now). When adopters immediately send photos, you know the kitten got a great home.
E) new experienced caretaker. In addition to Valarie and Gretchen, who have been checking in on the cats, Donna has now dropped from the heavens and so impressed me with her resume that I asked her to care for the place while I was gone and I even SLEPT AT NIGHT WHILE I WAS AWAY without anxiety attacks.
E) new work computer. I must hook it up today, plus fax/copier, router, modem, etc. Which means my laptop will be out of internet service as I attempt a hopefully flawless installation.

Please wish me well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check in on a pretty regular basis. I'm always interested in what you are doing. I'm still volunteering for HS of Schuyler County, mostly the spay/neuter clinics. I helped out with a recent Petsmart Adoption Day - it's wild being there on a Saturday. It was one of the really hot days and I think people were bringing themselves and their dogs to enjoy the air conditioning. Is the Donna who is now helping you the Donna of the Waterlily gardens in Spencer, by any chance? She is a buddy of mine, via the Internet; we worked together after Katrina.

Wildrun said...

Too funny. Yes, she is! Shall we do coffee over here sometime soon? Donna lives right around the country block from me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Funny we should meet here. As for helping to "hold down the kitty fort" while Susan and Mark were away, I can't even begin to tell you what a WONDERFUL time I had doing it. Susan has a GREAT set-up for these VERY lucky cats. If you've never been there and you get the chance to see the place, let her know ahead of time and make it a "must do" when you're in the area. And by the way....I'm glad Susan slept well while she was gone and didn't have any anxiety attacks; I kept wondering at 2AM if I had left a light on, forgot to turn on a fan, put the wrong cat in the wrong run, etc!! I'd do it again though in a kitty heartbeat. Thanks for entrusting me Susan with such precious souls.

Anonymous said...

Donna - I thought it might be you! Did you tell Susan you were behind her that time at Walmart, when she was "quizzed" about buying the cat food? I think that's right around the time I told you about her, but I can't remember if you already knew about her. I'm really glad you guys hooked up - it sounds like a good match. When I come out to see your place, I was thinking about trying to see Susan's, too. It would be great if the 3 of us could get together. I'm going to have lots of time from August 20th - 29th (except the 23rd). Anytime in there work for you guys?

georg said...

Hooray!!

And Susan, our short run with watching over Tyson the JRTerror has helped to convince my beloved we could foster kittens for you. Have a large dog crate and everything (and because I have the dog crate, I got an idea of blanket size you need most).

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! So Judy you were the one who first told me about Susan! I had long since forgotten. And poor Susan is SOOO wishing the Wal-Mart incident would just be forgotten (sorry Susan, but it's one of your claims to fame!). Funny that we should all finally meet up on here. I would LOVE to get together with two such wonderful ladies. The only days that don't work for me in that time period are the 25th (horse farrier appointment and need to watch the shop while Tim is at another appointment) and the 26th I have a dog rescue transport from Cuba, NY to Nichols, NY that takes up the entire day. Other than those two days, name the time and place and count me in!!!

Wildrun said...

OK, if I must be embarassed, I'll at least share the joke. In this LONG post is a Walmart rant, of which I am now heartily embarrassed. To those who may not get the joke, Donna happened to be behind me when I lost my temper with the Walmart greeter...and then went home to read about it on my blog. http://wildrun.blogspot.com/2006/04/people-who-need-people.html