Sunday, August 27, 2006

Delegation is great...

...but it doesn't relieve you of ALL responsibilities. I have volunteers who are feeding my Fast Food Ferals. I would stop by to refill the food can once a week or so. The landowner was mowing the strip of land he has lent us to feed and shelter the cats. But the large equipment couldn't get in close around the shelters. By midsummer, it was starting to look pretty shabby.



So two weekends ago I finally loaded up the mower in the back of my truck and went in to give it a good clean up. I also posted a new sign on the feeding station since the old one had blown off.




The shelters could use a paint job. Anyone interested in spending a Saturday morning painting shelters, then going over to the new Mexican restaurant for lunch? Once the shelters have dried (after lunch) we can add some flea powder and new straw for the winter. There are only three, so it shouldn't take too long.

My weekend volunteers have moved to Boston, so I've been feeding on Saturday and Sunday. It's nice to actually get to see the cats again. For awhile, I saw no one, and I began to wonder if I were feeding Science Diet to raccoons. But two weeks ago I saw Vannie, and yesterday I saw Burma.

They will be five years old in December.

2 comments:

georg said...

I would gladly... if I wasn't allergic to paint. :( Dang I miss painting things.

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I've got out of town guests for Labor Day weekend, but I'd be glad to help paint next Saturday! Do you need paint? I noticed in Home Depot yesterday, that they sell gallons of paint for $5 (they were the wrong color for whoever purchased them.

Alice