Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Scary

Give it ten years, and you'll be able to see in the windows.

(Give it a moment for the map to load)

That's where I spent my teenage years. And that patch of woods off the end of that deadend road? That was where I hung out, dreaming on a tree limb or kicking my heels off an outcropping of rock near the railroad tracks after dark.

My house was the absolutely square one on the upper side of the dead-end street, right in the middle. Postage stamp lot, with a parking area on the right we shared the with neighbor...who owned a poorly cared for llama and a sheep. Yes, in the middle of Norwich NY.

Weird to be able to look in my old back yard from the internet. Wierder yet, that each time I click that link, it pans out farther and farther away, as if you only get a few free looks before it all is out of reach again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is weird! I haven't been back to my childhood house in almost 20 years. Despite the weirdness, it is neat to be able to see it via Google.