Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hey, you're sleeping on my displacement tool!


Remember when I said Nick can sleep anywhere? Well, here's a little evidence. This is one of those cat toys that passes the cat test. It's a plastic roller toy with a cardboard insert for cats to scratch (you can see the residue surrounding the toy). This toy has distracted Squeak from destroying our front room floor. But now Nick feels it should be his napping spot. So today I purchased another piece of cheap cardboard crap...

Posted by Picasa


I was in the grain store today and they had these for about half the price they are normally sold for. So in the interest of saving our floor, I decided to buy one. It has a hole on each side and mouse on a string hanging inside. So far, only Nick has shown and interest in scratching it. Everyone else is interested in that elusive mouse. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cats love those cardboard "catnip ramp" things. A couple of the cats like the cardboard and catnip parts, and others enjoy the hidden toy, so it works out for everyone. I caught one cat using it as a recliner a couple of nights ago -- she looked very comfortable!

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the ramp-style toy yesterday, but considering how fast the cardboard went in the roller toy last time (yay, more vacuuming) we skipped it in favor of the giant climbing/scratching thing. The boys here also popped the ball out of the roller toy and promptly hid it in the basement. The cats in the other half of the house have it now :D

Anonymous said...

I have to give a plug here, if Susan approves -- we buy all our cat trees and furniture from Armarkat.com. The faux fleece covering isn't quite as attractive as carpeting, but the trees are definitely sturdy, the cats love all the sisal, and they're made from wood so they could be recarpeted if the need arises. Best of all, they ship for free. We've got three of their trees, all very tall, and the cats love them. The most expensive thing they sell is $219, but most are around the $100 mark. So, if you're looking for cat activity centers/scratching posts and don't want to pay $300 at Petsmart, I really recommend them. I know this is an entry about small toys, but I was reminded by the mention of scratching posts.

Anonymous said...

My kitties have that Alpine scratching ramp, too! Only the calico uses it, though. But use it, she does!

Adorable photo of Nick!