Friday, February 17, 2006

Foul, nasty, tired mood...


Oh, relax! Posted by Picasa

(Easy for them to say!)

This week has just been loooooooong. And while I know I am getting things accomplished, it's not happening in the neat and tidy way I'd like to see it all happen. I like things to be tied up with nice little strings and put away in boxes. That ain't happening this week. How can you spend so much time on something and then still not have it be DONE? What a pain.

So I was grumpy and pissy when I went out to tuck the cats in. I'm pissed because I can't get my cat litter and am down to my last bag. I should be putting totally clean litter in all the big pans tonight, but I can't because the damned MegaStore has decided not to carry my litter again, and my local store only had a few bags (you know, like normal people would need). This weekend I'll have to run to both the Big M and Tops and wipe them out of all their Cat's Pride.

So it was late, and I was pissed off about everything. I went outside, and it's beautifully warm. OK, a nice warm windy night in February takes away a bit of the grumps. But not enough. I go in the cat facility and the kids who were on Liberty came over to say Hi. OK, that's nice too, but it doesn't do it tonight.

Then I go to clean Sammy's cage. He's crouched in his bed. I dampen my hands to I won't give him a static shock. And...

...did he push up into my hand? Did he like being petted just now?

I wasn't sure. I went and got some baby food, put his Baytril in it, and set it in the cage. When I stepped back, he actually got up and started to eat it. With me only a few steps away.

Just before I left for the night, I stopped and petted him again. And yes indeed, he is pushing up against my hand.

Sammy is coming around.

And that got rid of the grumps.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Go, Sammy!
I was getting 50# bags of Cat's Pride from Costco - when they dropped it in favor of - that yellow bag (pyuck) litter. I was in a panic - but then I found that the supermarket across the street was carrying the 50# bags - AND I get my other groceries there (cool!). But the supermarket stocked only what would fit on the shelf, 4 or 5 bags, and I would drive down there - and they'd be out. More panic. I tried placing a weekly special order, but couldn't keep the regular schedule.
Now I go to Sam's Club (Walmart - boo), once a month, and get (10) 40# bags of Oil-Dri (also makes Cat's Pride), in the automotive section, for $3.62 each. I like that it comes in plastic bags, which means I can stage it outside - and don't have to haul all 400 pounds of it inside (and down the cellar stairs), in order to clear out the car. Empty bags can be re-used to double-bag the used litter. Having plenty of litter feels like - having plenty of money in the spay/neuter account.

Greenconsciousness said...

Wal-mart cat litter - $2.00 a bag and it is the best!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sammy. :o)
I'm glad he helped you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» »