Wednesday, February 15, 2006

From the archives


I've tried to post this photo any number of time, but for some reason it hasn't loaded. This is Madonna and Decker in 2002. The power tool kittens were one of the last litters to be born on the fast food strip (Mikita, Kubota, Decker, and...oh my, I've forgotten). I need to get my butt out there and trap for new cats, or I'll be presented with kittens for the first time in years. I don't think there are any new females out there, but then, Mark and I thought Gillian on south hill was a male...until kittens started gamboling around in the service barn. Posted by Picasa

Hey, it posted!

I have piles of floppy disks full of photos from my old Mavica that have been gathering dust, since my laptop and my previous desktop did not have a floppy drive. When I swapped my old computer for a co-worker's (Better! Faster!) I messaged everyone else "Does anyone have an external floppy drive I can borrow?" I needed to get those photos onto CDs or something more useable. My co-worker messages back, "Susan, you have a floppy drive right on that computer." I glanced left and...well, want to feel stupid? My very own computer had a floppy drive and I didn't even notice it.

Duh. But hey, who would expect a Newer! Faster! computer to have a floppy drive?

So much for my powers of observation. At any rate, perhaps I'll be able to post some feral colony photos here soon, since I don't seem to be getting free of the house much this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's a neat photo, with them surrounded by the deep greenery.

Yeah! Floppy drives are practically a relic of the past now! LOL