Sunday, November 20, 2005

Snow's coming...


Jen and Sam came over today and made great progress painting the remaining cat shelters. They also got a really short intro to the cat facility, but I was in the middle of cleaning so it was a bit haphazard. I can't begin to express how happy I am to see these shelters painted. I look forward to finishing them up, getting hardware on, and getting them to the people who need them. This is a huge help.

I didn't catch any kittens, although we did catch two neighborhood cats. The landowner and her friend contacted the owner of the first cat and they came and retrieved him. The second cat had a collar and local tags, so they released him. With all that activity I'm not surprised the kittens didn't try the two remaining traps.Hopefully these friendly chow hounds are now afraid of the traps and won't wander in again.

I picked up three traps this evening, disabled the last one by removing the back door completely, and they'll feed the kittens in that trap this week. Hopefully the youngsters will learn to associate the trap with dinner. I'll try again next weekend. Posted by Picasa

No comments: