Monday, January 14, 2008

Right through the roof

As I was walking back from picking up the paper today, I noticed something odd about our barn roof. There was more snow melted off the front than the back.



Whoa. Well, you can tell which side of the barn we're heating, can't you? The cats are on the middle two renovated floors in front (with the "real" windows). The back of the barn is for traditional barn things: tractors to manage to the 58 acres, etc. The top floor ("attic")in the front is as of yet unused. Nonetheless, even though that top floor itself isn't heated, the heat from the floors below warm it up enough to melt the snow off the roof. I'd never realized it before until today's dusting when I could compare the heated portion of the barn with the unheated back portion.

What a bummer to be sending paid-for heat up into the sky. Oh well. Perhaps I can insulate the floor on the top floor attic, next year.

If you click on that barn photo you'll see Buttons watching me from the top rear right window.

Right now I'm waiting for the Waverly folks to bring a cat they caught tonight. Open spay/neuter appointments wait for no human, and when you've got them, you trap! 11:00 pm and they caught a kitty, so they'll be bringing him/her by tonight so I can take him/her to to the vet tomorrow along with an Endicott kitty.

So I stopped up to play with the gang. Kitty Corn thought late night play time was rather cool.



And playtime isn't restricted to your own clan, even if I do split them up into three groups (so they each have 1/3 of the day to play in the whole facility. If a tail walks by, grab it, even if there is screen in the way, Wings (the orange cat) says!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still have Kitty Corn!

Wildrun said...

Yes I do! I thought you were going to come to visit him when you were on this side of the U.S.! :)