Friday, January 04, 2008

Everyone tries to keep warm

It was nasty cold last night. I fired up the kerosene heater for Lawrence and Horatio in the downstairs of the barn.

We have a wood stove, and after the $800 plus oil bill arrived, I moved downstairs to work so we wouldn't have to heat the upstairs. But this room almost gets too warm when the furnace turns on, because even when you close the floor vent, quite a bit of warm air still comes through.

I tossed an atlas over half of it, but was still roasting. So I went to cover up the entire vent and discovered someone else was already doing her best to help out:



You know, it's not until you start taking close ups in your own home that you realize where you really need to do some spiffing up. Yikes! I suppose I could consider that chipped heat register part of the "old house charm" around here.

No comments: