Saturday, July 07, 2007

Whuff. What a week.



Well, Ivan is hanging in there for his Sunday surgery, and so I am. We are having what you might call a bonding experience, since he can't be left alone any appreciable amount of time, as he may get a hold of his catheter (a second time) and chew it off. I'm lucky he likes to sleep next to me (REALLY likes to sleep with me) and sleeps the whole night through, because I've been sleeping on the couch with him for almost two weeks now. I've always been a big one to fall asleep on the couch, but frankly, I've had enough of it.

Yesterday my internet connection wigged out and Ivan's catheter blocked, so I took him into town to see the vet, and they generously babysat him while I worked from the Smart Monkey Cafe (which has wireless access and really good fruit smoothies). A gentleman was working on his laptop at the next table, and we did finally exchange polite commentary after working near one another for hours. About a half hour later I heard him say "Hi Mark!" and I only looked up because my husband's name in Mark. And there he was--my husband--who also knew the gentleman next to me.

Is there anyone my husband doesn't know?

I may try to work from the cafe once a week. It was nice to hear humans and have a change of venue, and having my husband drop in was rather nice, too. Perhaps on Fridays, when I often need to drop off and pick up cats from the vet? We'll see.

I hope you all had a great July 4th! Apols. for the lack of blogging. Between the problems with my internet access and the many trips to the vet, blogging fell by the wayside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad Ivan is doing as well as he is...you are so dedicated. I am newish to blogging...I hope you come see my website and simons blog at
www.ninasbigstore.com
Do you know if there is anyway I can get my blog posted in the list here...I am new to all this.. nice to meet you. Nina