Saturday, July 21, 2007

Vista Print. Small business savior?

or the Walmart of office supplies? I have such an negative attitude about My Favorite Store (which stopped carrying Cats Pride cat litter, so now I need no longer go there), but I love Vista Print. So, what does that say about me? I want my cheap stuff but don't want other people to have their cheap stuff? Hmmmmm....

(That comment actually was not meant to be a reflection on Walmart or Vista Print, but a reflection on my own attitudes).

I love Vista Print (vistaprint.com). They constantly have free offers, which is a boon to a small cat rescue desperate to advertise, but who is constantly broke.

They must have been drinking too much coffee over there at Vista Print because they are running a huge freebie this month. I don't know if it's available to everyone, or just their longterm freebieites, but go there to find out.

I got all this for the cost of shipping (plus a few bucks for upgrade and extras I chose). So let's see. A custom t-shirt, 250 business cards, 100 glossy postcards, 20 greeting postcards and envelopes, a notepad, an address stamp, for about twelve bucks.



The t-shirt is really nice. It's a blend, but an OK blend. Click on the photo to see the products. I may buy more of the shirts at the full price next winter, which of course is their hope.

I wouldn't emblazon "Wildrun of Spencer" on shirts I planned to give away or sell. I like the graphic. I'm thinking something like "One less cat in the great outdoors; one more cat in loving home. Adopt a locally rescued cat!" or some such.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They actually didn't stop selling Cat's Pride, I just bought some there on Thursday. BUT it is a smaller package for the same $, and it is not unscented anymore. The scent is pretty light, though. What is your second choice?

Wildrun said...

I get the clay rather than the scoopable. There is no second choice. If I can't get Cat's Pride at My Favorite Store, I'll buy the smaller bags at Tops. Hurts the pocket book tho.

Did they have clay, or did you get scoopable? They had replaced the clay with plastic tubs of Tidy Cat when I was there, and I grilled the staff and they said they weren't carrying the 30 lb clay any longer "for now" but perhaps Watkins Glen was.

Anonymous said...

Susan:
They had the clay. It was not in its usual spot in the aisle, but on the end of a aisle a little further down.
N

Wildrun said...

So much for the twenty minutes I spent at the service desk verifying that they had discontinued it. :)

Anonymous said...

nice designs for a great cause...i'd recommend PrintsMadeEasy as well, they have a nice design system to rival vistaprint (PME is actually better in my opinion)