Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby, it's cold out there...


Brrrrrr! It's really cold out there. The banner arrived yesterday. It is smaller than I expected, but still quite visible. I'll order a larger one the next time I need to do a VistaPrint order. The large banners aren't "free"--the small ones are.  I wanted to attach this a bit closer to the road, but the ground there isn't even enough to use a ladder, and I'm quite careful with ladders. I don't want to be one of those "found frozen in the snow" stories in the local news.

We had visitors yesterday, but Tyler was wary of the gentleman. I think I need to be clearer on my pet profiles that people will need to sit quietly with my cats for ten minutes before trying to pick them up. If a kitten or cat gets grabbed before they are comfortable with the situation, they aren't likely to let themselves get grabbed again. I need to do a better job of conveying this to visitors. Their current cat is a real mush-ball, so I think they will be happier with an outgoing cat/kitten of more traditional background. So Tyler is still here with me, but is very welcome.

The light was good this morning (as good as it can get in the cat facility) so I spent some time taking video. It's faster to take than it is to upload to YouTube via my tiny netbook (about 50 minutes for a long video). Once I've learned to cut and edit the videos, this time will go down, but I'm not there yet--not due to lack of aptitude, but due to lack of time. In other words, I haven't even tried.

So once Faith's video is done chugging along, I'll post a link here.

Stay warm!

No comments: