Monday, October 15, 2007

Two down, eight to go!

Nancy found homes for two of the kittens she was fostering for us, with her neighbors, whom I was able to meet this evening. Lucky kittens!



We still have eight that need homes (only ten total, Nancy, not eleven as I thought). There are so many I apparently cannot count them accurately. I hauled eight off to the vet today and they all tested FeLV/FIV negative. Ellen, the vet tech, took the samples one after another without a hitch.

Then my truck died in the parking lot, damn it! It has been having fuel line issues. I was finally able to limp it over to the gas station to fill up the tank (and increase the line pressure, if that makes any difference) and I had to rev her up at every red light, but we finally got home.



Gizmo is probably happy to see Nancy's foster kittens go. "Yeah, whatever, just get the little urchins out of here, OK?" Gizmo was rescued from a garage in Spencer one cold winter. She was the only kitten of a feral mom cat. She had one heck of an upper respiratory, a great big abscess, huge paws, and an attitude to match. Mark called her "Paddles." She pulled through with just the clouded eye, and lives the pampered life with Nancy ("Except when she fosters those annoying kittens!").

Nancy also fosters shy dogs for the TC SPCA, which, as any animal person can tell you, is a lot more challenging than fostering shy kittens! I was going to post her foster's photo, but Blogger appears to be ill right now. Tomorrow!

No comments: