Saturday, October 06, 2007

Candor Fall Festival


I zipped out for an hour to the Candor Fall Festival this afternoon.

I've always wanted to stop at Side Hill Acres dairy goat farm, so this was my chance. They have 250 pretty happy looking milking goats that really like people. I grew up in cow dairy barns and I have to say, there's something kind of nice about going into a milking barn and having the animals all wander over to get their ears scratched, instead of just acting like they wished you would go away.

Unfortunately they were temporarily sold out of the cheeses I liked the most (perhaps I'll have to stop by tomorrow). They had quite a few crafters, and Bully Hill and Six Mile Creek Vineyards were there. I did a fast loop around the village, stopped at the Wood Carvers Show, and then headed on home due to the pile of work here left to do.

See the schedule at the link above! It sounds like most of the events are going on Sunday as well.

No comments: