Saturday, October 20, 2007

One lucky cat gets a home!

Will it be Espie?

One of my vets emailed yesterday. One of their long-time client had to put a beloved cat to sleep, and she thought perhaps she wanted another cat, but was concerned she would outlive it. We will take back any cat if for some reason it cannot stay in a current home, and we have several adult cats here who would just love to be living with an affectionate human in a small apartment.

Shakespeare is an option, but Espie, I think, would be ideal. She doesn't much like other cats, so would be happy in an apartment alone, she's hilariously playful without being destructive or over inquisitive, and she loves to be petted. She needs her dental though, so when I'm off to the vet to pick up our off-site-adoption kittens, we'll arrange for that.

Laurence was also a thought (our FIV positive cat) but he throws himself at people's ankles, and I'm not sure that's the best choice for an older pet owner.

I'm just tickled. One of our sweet older cats gets a home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well? Has Espe found a home? We're rooting for her! My cats and I, that is!

WereBear said...

What a wonderful hope to have. It's the best of both worlds; an older person gets a cat suited to their energy level, and the older person doesn't have to worry about "what happens to the cat..."