Sunday, October 28, 2007

To Walmart by way of Denver, Colorado

Yes, I've been traveling again, and I'm home for about a week and a half. Boy, have those kittens grown!

I was off to Denver, Colorado for work, for the Colorado Federation of Animal Welfare Agencies conference. While it was a whirlwind trip, the one day conference was a great experience. The participants were extremely engaged, and the speakers tackled new topics or dealt with familiar topics in new ways. I stayed at the slightly funky Curtis Hotel (yes, that is The Dating Game motif you see there), and their staff was extremely accommodating and let me use their front desk computer to print things out at 4:00 am because the printer in the business center refused to print.

I was in a bit of a fog for the trip, having been to New Jersey and Silver Spring (MD) Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (then the flight to Denver Thursday, conference Friday, flight home yesterday), so when I was driving home (two hours) from the airport through Cortland and passed a Walmart, the Kitty Litter Alarm almost didn't kick in.

But it pinged weakly and I realized I should not pass up a chance to stock up on Cats Pride since it's no longer available in Ithaca in large bags. I loaded up Mark's car and made it the rest of the way home on autopilot.




The cat facility was shiny clean, thanks to Donna. The cage cats were on their Freedom Time, and when I went to put them back, all their cages were perfectly clean, with fluffy beds and a toy for each. :) It was nice to tuck them all in, let the Big Cats out of their room to roam for their night, and head off to my own bed.

No comments: