Saturday, October 09, 2010

Blaming it all on kittens...

I've been absent from the blog a long while. I'd like to blame it on the kittens but frankly, it's just me. The horse farm litter is now large enough to adopt out, and I'm going to have to promote them hard before they get beyond the cute and fuzzy stage. It's so difficult, because getting spay/neuter appointments right when they hit three pounds depends a lot on how busy the vet is.


Bob isn't going to hit 3lbs for awhile yet. He's the runt of the litter and my personal favorite. He's sooooo tiny and has perpetually worried eyes. But he was the first one to curl up next to me on the couch and fall asleep.

(Post Note: Oops. Bob is a girl)


Sunny has her unusual markings on her face. She'll be over 3lbs soon and can soon be spayed.


Zootie may already have a home, although he was still pretty shy with the two young boys in the family when they came to visit. He just got neutered.


And this little girl, Cinnabon (the name was stolen from a cat The Shelter Pet Project featured on their Facebook page)is just the prettiest little thing imaginable. Like Zootie, she's a chunk.

There are eight of them (including Gulliver, a kitten abandoned in Candor whose just a bit bigger than the seven horse barn kittens). I finally moved them downstairs to my den because they were growing up too shy in my quiet upstairs.

3 comments:

cathy said...

Awww,so cute. Yep, you sure need to move them fast. It is so hard when you believe in NBA (neuter before adoption).

Strayer said...

They are adorable, especially Sunny with her markings but they're all cute. What kitten isn't?

Lawn Care Roanoke said...

Appreciaate this blog post