Friday, April 30, 2010

Alas, 'tis a sad neglected blog



I came home tonight to a phone message from my mom, wondering if I had returned from my travels safely, to which she added "And you haven't been blogging..." and of course the only reason I blog is so that people I care about will know whether the cats and I are alive, dead, happy, or pensive.

I have to say, it has grown somewhat lonely in the blog world. There were a few key blogs I used to read that are/were sort of my kindred souls. Oh, they weren't people who were necessarily like me, but they are people whose writing for some reason struck a chord with me. But most of them have given up blogging and turned to Facebook and Twitter, which are entirely different critters.

That may be changing, with the advent of BlogPaws. Check it out!

4 comments:

georg said...

I haven't upgraded any of my blogs much at all either. For Months. I do twitter and facebook, but you can't say much that is meaningful with a character limit. I'm not dead either. /hugs/

Gary's third pottery blog said...

SUSAN!!!!!!!!!!! You're my buddy! I blog a zillion times a day and read yours toooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HRH Coco said...

I haven't Twittered but I agree FB is entirely different. I still prefer to stick to blogging.

I've been reading your blog since my old blog (fostercat.blogspot) days and I really admire what you do for the cats. Thank you! :)

Funny Cats said...

Blogging can be difficult if you dont have a specific goal in mind, i guess. But you seem to be writing about something you love so it should work out