Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Luxating patella." It's Google time!



I'll have to fill in the blanks for you later, but you can Google it if you want more information. Basically, Fiona has a dislocated knee, and it pops back out after being popped back in again. Which means she's scheduled for surgery December 3rd. I owe my excellent vet a huge "thank you" as I'm sure this is yet another surgery she is doing for me that would normally be referred to the university. And the fee she has quoted me is a fraction of what I would be charged elsewhere. So Fiona is a (relatively) lucky kitty.

She's one dopey kitty, too, after radiographs and a manipulation session. Little does she know that tomorrow a.m. she going into a cage until her surgery. She's not going to like that at all.

Her buddy Cheeto isn't going to know what to do without her.


3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

omigosh, they are so cute, but poor little kitty's luxating patella....

JerseyJennyW said...

luxating patellas are no fun ... nor is their recovery time. Good luck to your little miss with her surgery!

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan! Did Fiona have her surgery yet? One of our adopters just emailed me to report that our Sophia has the same condition. I had never heard of it except for here!

Jen