Friday, August 31, 2007

Sorry, I was traveling!

In a flurry, I was sent to Philadelphia for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute seminar on animal law, which was an incredible experience, (I can't link to the PBI catalog; they deleted this program because it is now past) and I highly recommend for anyone with a law, philosophy, or academic background, or who simply has grown too used to animal welfare conferences and would like to rub elbows with different professions.

I seriously wanted to blog my far-too-expensive hotel room, which I booked within two hours of leaving home. It was gorgeous, but a bit over-rated. A telephone in the bathroom? They advertised the flat screen TV as a benefit, but it made David Letterman look 4' tall and very fat. And the internet was an additional $12 after paying $200 for a room? $34 to park for the night? I don't think so? I love you, dear blog readers, but after maxing things out to pay for the room, I wasn't paying for internet time. Worse yet, there was no wireless at the conference. So I was pretty behind on work when I got home.

But!

The conference was great. They have three of these in PA each year and I highly recommmend them. It's a pity they deleted them from their site after completion. Please, people, remember the blog community exists and we can promote your programs! "Done" is not "over" on the internet!






Governor Rendell gave an incredible keynote address on the problem of PA puppy mills, with his puppy mill rescue dog at his side.







No comments: