Saturday, February 17, 2007

Yikes! Lots of snow.

Mark had offered to shovel out the Fast Food Ferals because I wasn't sure, when he left for work this morning, if I were really coming down with something, or just had the common morning "lousy feeling." By 10:00 am it was clear I wasn't sick, so I left a message on his cell that I would go into town and shovel them clear so Kat and the cats didn't have to wade.

And wow, had they been wading.






See that big snow bump to the right of the shovel handle in the photo below? That's another shelter. There are three air conditioning units behind this building, too. I was going to shovel them off, but figured that, if ice fell on them from the roof, the snow might cushion in the impact. Last year one of them got quite a dent.



Mark stopped by when I was 3/4 done and found the food can for me, by prodding down into the snow with the shovel.






All clear, kitties! Sorry I was so slow getting out there, poor things. I was puzzled by the relative lack of tracks until I realized they were walking over the drip-ice under the eaves, where they wouldn't sink into the snow.

Kat, BE CAREFUL. Watch for falling ice. Better to feed early in the morning, before things have had a chance to warm up.

No comments: