Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cheap plastic crap that works.

OK. So I, despiser of cheap plastic crap, bought this last week, after resisting for SO long:



Yes, it is a Swiffer Wet Jet. I know, I know, I know....

Anyway, there is no running water in the cat facility. So to mop the floor, I have to haul water, which is fine every few days. But the floor should be mopped daily. I own a standard little (generic) Swiffer, but it's really only good for mopping up muddy people tracks. After five swipes, the premoistened pads are a waste.

So I was in the General Dollar in Spencer and there it was with a rebate that brought it down to $15. So I bought it, hoping it wasn't just a peace of crap that either A) wouldn't work or B) would immediately break or C) would just push the dirt around.

Well, you know, it works OK. I had hoped to replace the Swiffer fluid with Roccal D disinfectant, and I think they have it pretty well worked out that I won't be able to do that (we'll see). But the little sprayer works just dandy, and the pads are nice and thick. And the Swiffer fluid smells OK. The floors are a bit streaked, but that beats being dirty or dull.

So perhaps this little piece of cheap plastic crap isn't crap after all.

1 comment:

georg said...

I've looked at them, but unless the chemical can be replaced with vinegar or hydrogen peroxide (my favorite cleansers that I'm not allergic to), it simply is unsafe for me.