Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thank goodness


After a long day of hissing, hissing, hissing, at those kittens, Mama cat (who I have nicknamed Jewel, since there have been far too many "mama" cats in my history) finally settled down with me on the bed, relaxed and purring, and didn't object when I brought an already-bottle-fed kitten over. She put up with one, so I added three more, and when she kept on purring and even started licking one, I loaded her up with the whole crowd of seven.

I left her there for a half hour, but I was worried the kittens might fall off the bed. I went back up, moved the kittens back into their nest on the floor, and brought Jewel down to them. She allowed me to settle her on her side and let the kittens come back over again.

So hopefully all is well. I was not particularly looking forward to bottle-feeding and butt-washing seven kittens all by myself.

1 comment:

cathy said...

OMG, good for Jewel. You will owe her big time.