Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dumped youngster. Kitten season is here.


Last week, when Mark and I came home from a party at a friend's, I heard Mark say, as he mounted the porch steps "Hi, there, who are you?"

Uh-oh.

By the time I got up there, the young cat was hiding behind the woodpile, but he immediately came running out when I fetched a can of cat food. He did not much like being coaxed into a cat crate and toted to the downstairs of the cat facility, but he was much easier in the cage.

Unfortunately, Rudy (shortened from "Rudolph" due to the red nose he acquired bashing into the wire on the cat crate when I closed the door) has an upper respiratory infection, so he is on Clavamox. He is very friendly and takes his pill without bother. I believe he is a brother to the cat who showed up here two weeks ago and has since been adopted by the neighbors as a warehouse cat. I think I may touch base with the neighbors to see if they would like TWO warehouse cats, because I cannot increase my population right now.

I'll also put some flyers up "just in case" he's lost, and let Stray Haven know.

1 comment:

Quasi said...

It's very good of you to care for these strays, and I hope they find good "forever" homes.