Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cats And War

That is when I heard it: the cry of an abandoned kitten, somewhere out in the darkness, calling for its mother somewhere inside the compound. By an animal lover’s anthropomorphic logic, those desperate calls, three nights running, had come to seem more than the appeal of a tiny creature doomed to a cold and lonely death. Deep in the winter night, they seemed like a dismal tocsin for all who suffer in a time of war.

A few lucky ones make it out.

There is an audio clip on that page from the author of "The Cat from Hue" in the lower left column. Looks like I need to get that book.

From Dolittler.

1 comment:

Quasi said...

My human, Steve, read that book a few years ago and loved it. Speaking of books, I’d like to tell you that my hilariously funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, is in bookstores now and is also available on Amazon. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.