Monday, January 21, 2008

Use a pellet gun, go to jail

I get so tired of some of my friends telling me "pellet guns don't hurt animals." When I tell them they do, that in fact pellets and BB's penetrate the skin of animals and in some case even kill them, they laugh in a friendly manner and assure me that in fact, they don't.

Must be all those wildlife rehabbers and veterinarians are hallucinating when animals are brought to them with pellet gun and BB gun injuries.

Well, maybe it takes a felony charge and jail time to get this truth across

Shoot a critter out of malice or "fun" or just to "chase him off" and...go to jail? That might open a few eyes.

"When Tiger was given X-rays after his eye was shot, the family was surprised to discover two other pellets in his body from earlier attacks."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

here, here. I can't stand it when people behave that way.

Anonymous said...

Good. When are We going to get it that people who can hurt animals will also eventually hurt other people? Grr.

Starfevre said...

Some of the comments at that site are horrible. Sometimes people suck.

January Cat said...

Years ago, we adopted a stray dog. After a few years, she needed back surgery. She survived the back surgery, but died from kidney failure. The veterinarian discovered that she had a lead pellet embedded in her hip that had poisoned her whole system.
Now, all I have are cats. I adopt ferals, but mine are usually not touchable. See karnakstreetkats.blogspot.com