Saturday, August 04, 2007

Will dog-sit for flowers

I don't spend money on flowers anymore. I love having them around, but the cats have a tendency to tip vases to munch on those tasty pungent things, and I have a bad habit of leaving flowers around for far too long. I think they spend more time here as withered dead things than they do beautifying the house in their prime.

And besides, at 9.99-14.99 a bunch out of the store flower-buckets, that's a bag of cat food or 1/3 of a neuter. And of course EVERYTHING is measured in terms of cat food and neuters around here.

However I love FREE flowers. And of course, one doesn't charge one's friends money to watch their dog, especially a dog as easy to care for as Randy.



When Randy comes to stay, Randy's mom bring us these:



Our dog Sadie is very ill, so I asked Martha to bring one of Randy's beds so Randy wouldn't be taking up one of Sadies. Well, you could see how successful that idea was. Billee (tiger, ready to go to new adopter!), Squeak (our cat, not for adoption), and Jack (black) immediately confiscated the new cuddle space:



Thanks for the flowers, Martha! Randy's doing fine.

No comments: