Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where it all began. Buy it?

Today I spent a few hours helping my mom. She had a lovely little crabapple in her garden that had, sadly, bit the dust and needed to be cut down. I figured my reciprocating saw might be able to handle it, so in return for a really good dinner, my sister Kathy and I went over for a few hours. Kathy worked in the house, and I worked in the garden. I had to get a new blade from Lowes (the saleskid there was very helpful), but we got that tree down. Molly acted as inspector and foot-tangler. Both mom and Kathy helped with the tree so it didn't fall on my head.



Now and then I entertain the idea of moving to Norwich. The vet hospital where I worked as a teenager has been for sale for a few years now. Dr. Briggs passed away and it was sold and rented to a new young vet, who managed it successfully and recently built a newer, nicer facility just outside of town. Since then what I knew as "Four Winds" has just been sitting there.



By the way. Those trees behind the building? They were shorter than I was when I worked there many moons ago. And now they probably should be removed.







I was hoping it would be going for somewhere near $100,000, but unfortunately they are asking $160K It would need at least $30K for improvements, and I'm sure the surgery is probably gone so would need to be replaced if it were to become a spay/neuter clinic and boarding facility.

Ah well. More dreams.

2 comments:

Chrissykat said...

Maybe in this market (and the fact it's been for sale several years) they would willing to haggle a bit on price...never know right?!

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve~

Never stop dreaming!

Anonymous said...

Might be worth seeing if they'd accept a lower offer. In this market, they may be happy just to have a buyer!

Helena