Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The power of video...

At the end of the conference today, I sat down for the closing session, and a young woman from International Animal Rescue U.S. pulled out the chair next to me. She eventually asked if I had been the person who spoke at The Whole Cat workshop--had I mentioned using video to help find homes for homeless cats?

Yes, I say, that had been me. I had asked at that time for people to please let me know if video did indeed help place their cats in homes faster than photos alone.

Well, she took me at her word, and posted a video of her sweet foster cat Sandy. Sandy loves dogs. Her video proves it. And within days she had three inquiries on Sandy, who is now in a great home.

Check this out! A world full dog-and-cat lovers would likely stand in line to adopt Sandy. (When you get to Sandy's pet note, click on the video icon above her photo).

I didn't get a chance to actually view the video until just now, sitting on the floor by the only electrical outlet in this wing of Terminal F, behind the podium for Gate F11. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be here, but at the moment I don't really care. What a great video!

It worked! Sandy has a home.

No comments: