Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blogging my way home on the the last of my battery

...in more ways than one.



I am luxuriating in my last "world weary traveler" moment for many months. A glass of wine, a seat by the window, free internet access, and only about ten minutes left on my laptop battery. The conference is over. While my own batteries are worn out, rather than recharged, I was able to meet with so many people who reminded me why I originally became involved in the field of animal welfare. It's been a long time since I've sat and had a long, intense conversation with just one person at a time (rather than fleeting conversations with friends with whom you'd love to spend more time, or presentations to colleagues or strangers). It was heart-mending, in some ways.

(Saving, in case the battery dies in mid post....)

My long absence from blogging has been due in part to general busy-ness, and most recently due to changes in priorities.

I will be in touch with the friends of Wildrun soon, as there will be some changes, I believe, in our little cat rescue on Owl Creek. It's time to reassess and recreate.

Ah, there is the low battery warning. Adios, and hug the nearest cat!

No comments: