Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blogging from Vermont.

I am at the New England Federation of Humane Societies conference in Burlington Vermont. The flight on the Gnat...oh, I'm sorry, the Dash-8 (scroll down. Way down. No...WAY down) was quite beautiful, since they fly so low. Coming into LaGuardia--which I had not done before--was rather like skating in on the roofs of row houses.

Coming down from the second leg into Burlington was like landing in, well, Vermont. Which is about the most peaceful and beautiful thing you can say about a flight. I found myself wondering if I could move up here? Quiet, beautiful.

(Just so you know, it ain't happening. Anything under $100,000 up here is a camp or a mobile home).

Last time I came to Burlington in April, Mark and I ended up fleeing in the face of a huge snowstorm in my little S-10.

Luckily, I'll be spirited safely out on Wednesday night on another little Gnat...sorry, "Dash-8."

No comments: