Tuesday, February 19, 2008

You know that statement...

"...the hurryier I go, the behinder I get?"

Yikes.

I'm leaving for NJ on Thursday. Luckily Mark and Donna will be here to hold down the fort. I'm tearing down the cages in the downstairs of the barn since there is only one Waverly cat left to go (we hope)and giving it a good cleaning. I took down all old white string lights because they had finally died, and replaced them.

I got tired of the cats opening the cupboards upstairs when they are at liberty, and pulling everything out. So I bought childsafe latches and installed those today.

A mass emailing went out from work on Saturday, which resulted in a flood of responses, so even though it was a day off, I went in and logged about three hours. Otherwise tomorrow would be way overloaded.

I did the usual cat cleaning.

I called both my sister and my mother tonight, as promised, to deal with family business.

And sent out more thank you notes.

And did a piddling amount of cat laundry. More tomorrow.

And made dinner. And did some dishes.

I got a call from our neighbors who have fixed their local ferals. One of their feral kits, Rosie, seems to be ill. So I need to remember to leave a trap and a net out for them tomorrow.

It was 52 today, which was lovely. All of the snow was melted away.

Then I just went out to the cat facility for one last visit at midnight...and the ground is covered with snow again!

What the heck?

But now the moon is shining, and the shadows of trees are falling across that inch of beautiful untracked new snow.

I'm not sure if I love or hate winter.

No comments: