Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The truck is finally inspected.



I don't want to tell you how overdue the inspection was. Lucky for me, the old girl didn't have any issues to deal with, so she got an oil change, new wiper blades, and inspection for about $80. As usual, the chain store scammed me. It's a pity, because they used to be a pretty honest business. Now it seems like every time I go in, they either overcharge me for something (in this case, the $29.99 deluxe oil change ended up being $23.00 for the oil change and around $11 for the oil filter...which comes to around $34 bucks, right?), or try to sell me something I don't need.

So while the truck was being fixed yesterday (I can't believe I got MLK day off) I hung out and worked at The Smart Monkey Cafe, where there is wireless. It's a nice spot, and I'll probably hit it again sometime just to get out where there are humans. Jayme from work was also online, so we IM'd a bit. Yes, I know it was a "day off" but around here, "day off" means being able to relax working anyway, since it's so quiet. Jayme just got a new job at a well-known magazine/website, and I wish her well.

The second floor of the SMCafe overlooks the Fast Food Feral territory. It's thoroughly depressing to see how all that forest has been flattened into big box stores.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about The Smart Monkey Cafe. I've been meaning to stop in there. Now I know what to expect. Thanks Susan. Sad about the ferals "losing ground" though.

Wildrun said...

The mugs are a bit small. I would suggest bringing your own. :)