Sunday, April 03, 2011

Enclosure is cat-ready

There is still some staining that can't happen until the weather is warmer.








They seemed to enjoy being outside when I was there, but as soon as I came in the house, they all came in as well. I think it's still a bit cold out there, and perhaps somewhat overwhelming. 

When I was in line at Home Depot with a cart full of lumber to finish the enclosure and the barn windows (not done yet), an older woman sweetly stopped me and said "are you a carpenter?" I thought maybe she wanted to hire me to do some work so I assured her that no, not really, I just did projects around my house. She smiled and said "I just think it's wonderful when women fix things on their own."

That made ME smile.

10 comments:

Chrissykat said...

It should have made you smile...if this woman only knew of the "house projects" you accomplish on your own she'd be floored! The enclosure looks wonderful and I'm sure all the kitties, present & future, will get much enjoyment out of it.

c said...

wow! that's great! we need one.

las794 said...

Great job! I'm sure the kitties love it!

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Good golly - everytime you post a DIY post, I *always* smile because it's so darned impressive!

A few Good Cats said...

Looks like you did a fine job on that enclosure. We think Zootie is so cute and wish we could add him to our family! Thanks for visiting us and linking to our blog!

Gretchen Branco said...

They look so happy!

Alley Cats and Angels of North Carolina said...

What a great enclosure. Wonderful job. I know the kitties are enjoying it.

meowmeowmans said...

WOW! The enclosure looks awesome! The cats really seem to be enjoying it. :)

cathy said...

Very nice and i know the cats will love it. The rescue cats seem to like theirs better at night.

Wildrun said...

I have so many skunks shuffling around I'm not sure I'd dare let them out at night. And bears...I'd hate to have the bear get curious and rip it down. So I'm afraid they'll be stuck with daytime use.