Sunday, December 31, 2006

Got him!



I was hauling cat litter outside after cleaning the upstairs boxes and heard the distinctive "thump" of a cat hitting the porch floor, so I dropped the cat litter bags inside the kitchen and looked out to see Handsome here staring at me from the porch stairs. He'd come up to check out Nick's bowl. So I reached out on the porch and grabbed the bowl, filled it inside, and took it out carefully. Handsome didn't run away. When I held the bowl out to him he meowed. I set it down and he walked over and began to eat. He hissed when I petted him, but pushed up against me, so it apparently was a scared hiss.

Of course I didn't have a crate in the house so I quietly walked out to the barn, got a crate, went out to the trap I had said, got the bowl of tuna, and went up on the porch. He didn't run away. I set the tuna down and he immediately abandoned the dry food for it. I put the tuna in the crate, and in he went. He freaked a bit after finished in the tuna, but he's doing fine in a cage in the downstairs of the cat facility.

Another adult cat! I guess it's time to go gang-busters on adoptions.

No comments: