Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time to winterize!

If you have feral cat shelters (or need to build some), here is a great video on winterizing.



I've met Wheeler and I have to say it gives me faith in humanity to see an "adventure guy" holding and snuggling with a cat, and taking care of yard ferals. So often people who care about cats are stereotyped as ragged women who have nothing better to do with their lives. Wheeler has a LOT to do in his life, but he and Sara still take time out to make sure a living creature in his sphere is warm and fed.

7 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Awesome! Wheeler is great. And the video is really helpful, too!

rheather said...

I really like the house design. i might make one for the cats to just hang out in when they're outside.

Northmoon said...

Great video. I need to make a second entrance in my outdoor cat shelter. I hadn't thought of that.

Siru Annika Lähdeniemi said...

Great! Until how cold conditions is that enough for feral cats? I'm trying to find a solution for feral cats in Finland, where temperatures may go as low as -40 and snow cover the ground for 6 months...

Igloo said...

A helpful video, thank you. Nice that there are caring people out there looking out for feral cats.

lovely android phones said...

Really wonderful piece of information and I appreciate it that you share something so useful with the readers of this blog.

World of Animals, Inc said...

This was such a great video for helping feral cats stay warm in the wintertime. Looks very easy to put together. Thank you for sharing the wonderful video. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
World of Animals